After writing about Thailand as part of my ‘Dream Destinations’ blog series, I thought I would make a Thai Green Curry. The recipe is my Mum’s, and it is simple, and is great for vegetarians, although you could add in diced chicken breast while frying the onion if you wanted.
- 3 tbsp Green Thai Curry Paste
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Onions
- 1 Courgette
- 75g lentils
- 1 tin 400ml Coconut Milk
- 2 green/yellow peppers
- 150g frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach.
- 75g Basmati Rice per person.
- First, prepare the vegetables. Dice the onions, courgette, and peppers. You could substitute the courgette for an aubergine, if you want.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and the Thai curry paste, and fry for 5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the diced courgette and peppers, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk, and the vegetable stock, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the rice according to pack instructions. When the rice is cooked, drain and set aside.
- When the curry has been simmering for 40 minutes add the baby spinach and peas, and stir-through. Then, take the curry off the heat.
- Serve the rice with the curry, alongside mango chutney, na’an breads and prawn crackers, if you like.